Viva Las Vegas!
Las Vegas is one of the most unique, exciting and glittering cities in the world. Vegas offers much more than just phenomenal gambling. It has top-flight exhibitions, world-class shows, heart-stopping rides, and a fabulous night life. Below are seven great suggestions for an adventurous visit to “sin City.” What happens in Vegas… may make some of the best memories of your life!
- Go for a thrill ride! The Stratosphere has some of the craziest and most dare-devil rides in Vegas. Big Shot, X-scream, and Insanity are guaranteed to make the stomach drop of even the most jaded thrill seeker. New York New York’s, Manhattan Express, is a fantastic roller coaster with some great blood curdling drops and the Sahara’s roller coaster, Speed, will send you 70 MPH into a thrill frenzy. If you are looking for something tamer try taking the elevator to the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower at the hotel Paris. The views are glorious!
- Do something extreme - Skydiving: If you really want ‘go for broke’ excitement try skydiving. Vegas has both indoor and outdoor skydiving, but Adventure Woman recommends investing in the ‘real deal.’ Peering over the edge of an airplane preparing for your first jump (and hopefully not last) will stay with you forever – and ever. A must for all adventure junkies.
- Have a drink at the Ice Lounge (Minus 5) Mandalay Bay: After all of above excitement you may want to have a drink and relax. There is no place better place to “chill” than in the Ice Lounge. Visitors receive gloves, boots and coats with the price of admission and enter a beautiful icy wonderland – even the cocktail glasses are made of ice. The only thing at Minus 5 that might melt the ice is the charming and great-looking bartenders (pictured above).
- Take a pole dancing lesson: Las Vegas is synonymous with show girls and exotic dancers. Expand your “adventure boundaries” and take a pole dancing lesson. Learn a fun new way to stay in shape with private or small group lessons with a female instructor. See Adventure of the Moment for more information.
- See a Vegas Show: There are so many great shows in Vegas that you’ll be debating which one to see for hours. If you have a little extra cash consider getting the VIP packages that offer front row seats and a post-show Meet & Greet. Adventure Woman recommends the Sin City Comedy Show for a good laugh.
- Take in an exhibition: The exhibitions in Vegas are excellent. Absorb a little ‘culture’ while you’re on the Strip. Adventure Woman recommends Bodies and Titanic (both currently at the Luxor Hotel).
- Renew your wedding vows: Remember how romantic it was to be a bride? You and your hubby will have an exciting time renewing your vows and love. Whether you’re doing something wacky or elegant Vegas gives you a multitude of tempting options. Adventure Woman recommends an Italian-themed wedding floating in a Gondola at the Venetian Hotel or getting married by ‘Elvis’ at the Graceland Chapel.
To learn more about Vegas visit our Official Adventure Woman Blog. “What happens in Vegas doesn’t always have to stay in Vegas.” In fact, sometimes your adventure is so amazing you’ll want to tell the world! If not the world, at least tell Adventure Woman. Send us your stories at: Submit@AdventureWoman.com.