1. What is your idea of adventure?
A load of challenges, strung together, often in quick succession, with a great goal.
2. You’re a bit of a fitness ‘guru.’ How did this happen?
Mom started me in dance class when I was 2. So, it might be said that I have been in group exercise since I could walk.
3. What is ‘healthy’ aging?
Great question and one of my favorites.
4. You’re 50 years, but your body is ripped like someone half your age. What is your secret?
No secret! Exercise, food, sleep, water!
5. Yoga, martial arts, dance and aerobics. Is there a different recipe of fitness success for different age brackets?
None what so ever. We all have the same body-style. It’s as if we are all Chevy or all Honda. OK! It’s as if we are all the same model of Rolls Royce. We all have the same clavicle. We all have the same heart pumpiness. We all have the same style of knee ( to start with ).
People – really – only want to talk about what they like or who they like – not what works. Bottom line: ANY exercise is better than no exercise.
6. What do you eat (or don’t eat)?
My answer for this question is VERY long because, as soon as I give one answer,
As a result of the foolishness of breakfast/lunch/dinner, most shoplifting happens from 3-6 in the afternoon and most men steal food! ( I can hear the people – now – forming sentences of how perfect they are about their, personal, eating. Irrelevant. Shoplifting is a solveable social problem AND this worship of WAITING from noonish to sixish also brings on the foolish worship of alcohol. Oh! Go ahead! Rant and get it over with! Fine! You LOVE wine! Big YAY! Now, go out and stop all drunk drivers!)
1. The brain burns 5x more carbohydrates that all of your other tissues put together night and day for a life time. Atkins was a fool who hurt people’s brains.
If you too, want to be a fool, limit carbs and starve your brain.
2. Carbs first on an empty stomach makes people sleepy because of a brain chemistry chain-reaction. NOT, I repeat, NOT because of sugar-burn-and-crash.
Humans do NOT burn off 200 calories of sugar in 20 minutes AND that sugar would not even be in the blood stream yet.
3. Proteins, other than milk, break down better with vitamin “C”.
Many recipes reflect this already. When in doubt, serve fresh tomatoes or lemon juice and NO grapes do not contain vitamin “C”.
4. Too little protein in-take will give you wicked sugar and/or fat cravings.
Too much protein is poisonous. ONLY exact protein will work. How much is exact? ~ one gram per LEAN body weight – NOT body weight.
No, your hair and nails have NOT gotten weaker as you have gotten older.
5. Fat, in the diet, NOT fat on the body is the number one killer in America today
AND the number two killer. Your body DOES NOT care if chocolate and ice cream are your religions. Heart attack and stroke are PREVENTABLE! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW????
7. Many people begin the New Year with a resolution to lose weight or get fit. What is your advice for long-term success?
Do the exercises as a new habit first and fix your diet next year. Quit smoking the year after that. “One-thing-at-a-time” is much more successful
8.What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
Hmmm, starting and staying with karate was a big big thing to me. So was all the travel that I did with my mom. So was learning to ride off-road motorcycles. So was being brave enough to defy the church and end a marriage. So was riding a bicycle up South Mountain in Phoenix, AZ. So was getting a Group Exercise Certification. So was getting Yoga certified. So was daring to question Yoga. So was my first time doing Stand-up Comedy. So was being given my own Comedy Room to manage.
9.You traveled internationally as a child with your mother. How did those experiences influence your life?
DRASTICALLY! Those trips were some of the most amazing things that I have done – ever! …a GREAT gift! Knowing that what I feel as “Totally” inside me matters NOT to billions of people, that my needs and styles are not part of the ideas of so many people,
10. Where would you like to travel next?
…Ireland and a few sentimental journeys around the USA.
11. What is happiness to you?
12. What do you want to achieve in 2010?
13. Name your favorite female book character. Why?
14. What is the best advice your mother ever gave you?
15. Who is your female role-model?
16. What is your motto?
How to purchase a video (if applicable):